What can eComma do that other classroom tools cannot?
Learning with eComma is…
– every student, no matter how talkative or shy, has an equal voice when typing comments
– students and teachers do not have to pay for the service
– students do not have to worry about grading and do not feel as much pressure as in a face-to-face environment to say the right thing
– students can recognize patterns, solve problems, and build hypothesis all based on their own observations: meaning doesn’t have to be dictated by teachers!
– students can take time to comb the text from different angles
– teachers can use any kind of text to appeal to a wide range of learners
– students can use eComma on any device from anywhere at anytime, as long as there is an internet connection, and can return to it later to review and practice
– students can learn from each other
– the concept of discussing with each other online is already familiar with students and allows more deep thinking about topics
– students can take as much time as they want to develop ideas about the reading
– students can often learn concepts at home with eComma, saving class time to do other activities
– teachers can check the level of students who don’t speak as much in class
– there is no paper required for eComma, and activities can be reused
– students can work together to make sense of new concepts without the teacher’s intervention